Search This Blog

June 22, 2010

Back from Kola Russia



It was very tough to get into the big fish.
Because of the very warm spring the run ff started early and most of the big fish went already up.
When i arrived in murmansk my luggage was stil in Amsterdam, and i knew it would be tough to get them here in Murmansk. You have to know that Russian customs are very difficult and they do not relaese your bags like for excample Europe in a day or so.
Back to fishing: After my week of guiding on the upper Varzuga river it was time to have my own part of fun. We fished the kola and kitsa river. It was tough, lot of people but i managed to land a couple nice fish. But i lost a couple big ones! one of them bend out my hook. Wel here are some pics and now i am preparing for my guide season at home. The first clients will arrive july 8 to chase the mighty king salmon.

2 comments:

  1. A very good idea Jeroen, this blog.
    For me just another 4 weeks before I leave for BC. Our 1st stop will be that location you advised for big bull trout in the Rockies. The 2nd stop is Vancouver Island for some fresh pink salmon fly fishing at sea.
    No fall steelhead trip this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck and let me know how you did! tight lines and see u in the future!

    ReplyDelete